Friends of SSO
A list of vendors who understand and value the importance of security. These upstanding SaaS apps offer SSO as a standard service, not an opportunity for profit.
Let’s reward companies who truly value security by offering:
SSO in the base paid product, not just Enterprise or higher-tiered subscriptions
Zero “optional fee” for SSO, it’s just included
Brownie points for companies who offer it in their Free versions
- VanillaCommunitiesForumupdated 10/10/19
- LumAppsCollaborationIntranetupdated 10/10/19
- Employee NavigatorHuman ResourcesBenefits Managementupdated 10/10/19
- CaspioDeveloper PlatformApplication Developmentupdated 10/10/19
- PlanGridCollaborationConstruction Managementupdated 10/10/19
- UnbounceMarketingContent Developmentupdated 10/10/19
- HeapAnalyticsBusiness Intelligenceupdated 10/10/19
- ApteligentIT ManagementEnterprise Architectureupdated 10/10/19
- IntelloIT ManagementSaaS Operationsupdated 10/10/19
- PieSyncAutomationData Integrationupdated 11/05/19
- OktaSecurityIdentity Managementupdated 11/05/19
- BetterCloudIT ManagementSaaS Workflowsupdated 11/05/19
- IndicativeAnalyticsBusiness Intelligenceupdated 10/10/19
- CybraryE-LearningCyber Securityupdated 11/07/19
Why this is important
Unfortunately, many SaaS vendors charge extra for Single Sign-On (SSO). SSO allows you to outsource identity authentication for a website or product to a third-party provider like Okta, OneLogin, Google, etc. And frankly, charging for this service feels icky.
For most companies this feature is critical for IT, Compliance and Security teams to be able to manage user accounts across the (often) hundreds of SaaS apps in use. It plays a big role in their ability to provision and monitor risk.
Not having SSO in place also encourages bad password behavior which not only threatens the users and their employers, it also poses a threat to the SaaS company themselves… ironic. To charge for SSO reminds us of the days when companies tried to profit off of SSL or encryption support and eventually learned their lesson.